Saturday, November 15, 2008

Traditions...Giving to Give

We started a tradition with the nieces to start giving back to others. We also are doing a 2 in 1 contest here. 1 contest over at Candid Carries to talk about traditions and the other at Rhonda Rants to talk about things we've lost that helped others.

So, the last few years the nieces and I went to the salon and donated our hair to Locks for Love. You are not going to believe it, but the younger one was FOUR when we started this. Also, unfortunate but true is I got pregnant and the whole time I was preggers my hair did not grow almost at all.
This is the only before shot I got when we were leaving the house, I wish I would have taken more but I am a ditz sometimes.

There are a kazillion mid photo's but because miss S is not a fan of hair washes we had to take a few photo's of the Elephant that washes hair so she could show everyone she was not afraid at all.

The before and after... Can you believe she was ready again last year and again this year too!!

Number Two Miss A. Before, she looks, I would say 12 or 13.
After, she looks like a kid again here... She did her's again this year too.

The girls also got new shirts, and 2 hair products each for giving to others things that could not be bought.
Miss S got body wash (bubble bath) and shampoo, Orange Sherbet Shampoo.
Miss A got Conditioner and Detangler. Rootbeer Conditioner and Pineapple Detangler
The girls don't have as much as some other kids and because the salaon we went to is designed for kids, they 1. cut their hair for free, and 2. gave them each 2 hair clips and did the pictures on top of doing all the donation work for us.

I forgot to get a before shot of my hair butmay find an after one somewhere...
Gulp. sorry! But go on over to Candid Carries and Rhonda's to see more!

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

That is very cool. For some reason my hair stops at my shoulders and doesn't grow any longer!

My daughter did this for cancer too. Take a look:

http://adayinrhondaslife.blogspot.com/2008/08/fridays-foto-fiesta_29.html

Danyelle Ferguson said...

That is a fabulous tradition! I love it!!!

Ronda's Rants said...

I think this is the sweetest and most compassionate thing you could ever do for someone else. I love it! The girls are beautiful too on the inside and the outside!

Candid Carrie said...

My daughter has donated her hair several times, too. I think the benefits double because without all that hair we use much less shampoo!

Ronda's Rants said...

I have put the poll up and you may want to let your bloggy friends know what charity you are blogging for! :)

Aubrey said...

Wow. That is a really great thing that you all do! Great haircuts!